So Kyra came home last Saturday and it was such a relief to us. Her homecoming meant that she was 100% well and we were ready to be a family. I was excited and Rabici was thrilled. It even made it easier when the dinners from the ward sisters started to arrive.
I had no idea that so many things were going to change! In fact I made a list because it's late at night, the baby's not sleeping and I'm half delirous from exhaustion, a fever I've had from a breast infection for the past 5 days and a sick husband who has to work every night. So everyone ready? Great.
Things you other moms didn't tell me, or didn't want to tell me, or thought it would be funny not to tell me:
1) Your appetite for any kind of food leaves the second the baby comes home
2) Three hours between feedings is really 1 1/2 hours after you actually feed, burp, change and put the baby back to sleep
3) The shows I knew were on between the hours of 8am and 8pm are pointless since I am now awake between 12am and 8am
4) Laundry never gets done (for yourself) the baby's laundry is always being done
5) Poop changes color!!! What the...
6) Wipes run out faster than diapers
7) The living room couch is my new bed
8) Sanity is a luxury I can only dream to have again
9) Sleep is a luxury I can only dream to have again
10) Having fun is a luxury I can only dream to have again
Is this realy my Home Sweet Home? I wouldn't think so at first but then I see my daughter and I can't help but get over myself and my delirious tirade. I am grateful for all my blessings and even more grateful for all the help people have given me. But most importantly my Home wouldn't be as sweet if I didn't have my daughter or my husband to share it with.
I guess I'm writing this so that at the next 2 am feeding when I want to cry and talking jibberish thinking I'm making sense, I can read this and remember it's all worth it...I think...Just kidding...maybe...
Friday, October 23, 2009
Home Sweet Home?
Posted by Kelly at 9:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Hey Kelly, Love your blog!! And by the way, it gets WAY better. I promise!! Hang in there! :)
Yep...you pretty much just wrapped it up! LOL Totally worth it though!!
You're so cute!!! I'm so sorry that you're all sickie...but it'll get better!
Actually, you're wrong about the fun thing....once Kyra gets into a routine, you guys will be having SO much fun together!!!!!! Trust me on that one.
I still don't sleep...but your body will adjust :)
Love you!
p.s. some of the best re-runs are on between 12 and 6am :)
HAHAHA! That's too funny. And as true as all of that is... I'll have to say that i'm sure some mom has said those things to you at one time or another... you just didn't listen cause it didn't apply then! Lil did you know... LOL! LOVES
This was hilariously true! As I read it I remember thinking the same thing as I half opened my eyes, rocked a baby, and then closed them just to open them two minutes later! You have pinpointed all the hard parts, but it's those hard parts that make all the smiles, coos, and her first words, amazingly exhilarating! I can't wait to meet her...Love you..call me if anything!!!
This is true. but it gets way better! and JaiCi is right, once there's a routine, it gets easier...I'm just looking forward for my turn again in Dec...
Kelly! It's Heather. Just saw your blog on Nia's page...so I had to come check out how you were doing. Your baby girl is so beautiful. All that dark hair and big bright eyes. How precious! Congrats. Hope she gets out of the hospital soon. Love ya!
Post a Comment