Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Kyra vs. the Pool

So we've been trying to get Kyra used to water since she is 75% Polynesian. BUT, she won't go on sand (her feet are too sensitive) and she's terrified of the ocean. So, we started her off at our swimming pool instead. I bought this $7.00 inflatable that looks like a volkswagon beetle so she can sit inside and "ride" in the pool. It has a shade to keep the sun off her.

As you can see, even though I was excited for the pool....she wasn't. It took me 10 full minutes to get that little grin from her and even then I think she was just humoring me so I'd leave her alone.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

aww! Cute! Aaron hated the water when he was little! It took a while for him to even like to play on the sand. He's two and a half and is now warming up to go in the water at the beach. Even then he'd be in the water and ask to play in the sand. He likes pools much better! Don't worry, she'll warm up to it especially if you keep taking her!

RazakFamily said...

That is absolutely hilarious! I can't get my kids OUT of the water...ever. The first thing they say in the morning is "mommy, can we swim today" and Mana even gets in on the action...
She'll get used to it...just give her time :)

Tara said...

She is so adorable Kelly! Those eyes!! Has she figured out yet that if she bats them a bit she'll get anything she wants?! Good luck with the water thing!!