So I already knew this, but God answers prayers. FYI for all you who did not know this. The experience of the past week is evident of this.
On Friday morning, about 3:30am, my mom woke up to pains in her chest. She drove herself to the hospital since she tried to call me and Rabici and neither of us woke up (our phones were on silent). My phone is NEVER on silent at night. I always have it on because I never know about emergencies and stuff. Well, the one night I have it on silent is the one night my mom needs me. My dad is in Louisiana and so there's no one home to help her.
She goes to the hospital and by a miracle doesn't kill anyone on the road or herself. She checks in, they do tests...it's her heart. They're not sure if she had a heart attack, panic attack, angina, or what, but they need to keep her in there. At 7 am I finally get up, Rabici listens to his voice mail, tells me what happened and I rush to the hospital. The doctors said there was something wrong with her heart.
We fasted, prayed, and asked for a blessing. Johnathan and Rabici blessed her last night. We were all afraid, worried, and sad. I was anxious and upset. Why didn't I hear her call? We have no family history of heart problems, why now? Why her? Luckily I didn't make the same mistake of the past where I questioned the Lord. I simply wondered how we arrived at this point.
This morning she went in for an angioplasty. She called me at 10am. The doctors couldn't find a thing wrong with her. They said, "Whatever was there, is no longer there. We don't understand."
I understand. God answers prayers. He rewarded us for our faithfulness, for our hope, for our love of my mom. It's not her time and she was healed. I can't express how happy I am. I was so stressed worrying about her and my mom is such a typical silent warrior- didn't want anyone to know her situation. I love my mom, I love that she's all right, I love my husband for being worthy enough to bless and ask the Lord to heal her, I love that God loves me, and I LOVE that God answers prayers!
Monday, February 2, 2009
God answers prayers
Posted by Kelly at 10:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
WOW!! I know all too well the feelings that go along with an event like that. I'm VERY grateful that mom is okay. Very grateful God does answer our prayers. I know that He does. Count your, mine and all of our blessings!
Oh my gosh I am so glad that she is ok!!! Your mom was like a mom away from home for me while I was there. she taught me so much in that short time!! I cant imagine actually being her real daughter and how you felt!! The Lord does answer prayers,I recenlty recieved a blessing that healed me from a physical ailment that the doctors could not explain. I believe in the pwer of the preisthood and the power of faith and prayer!! Thank you Heavenly Father for keeping MAMA Faith Burwinkle safe!!
Oh how scary!!!! I'm so glad that everything she is doing good! Trying not to sound TOO sacrilegious, Heavenly Father rocks! I love that man!!!
Wow! crazy! I'm glad your mom is okay! She's a very strong woman for being able to drive herself! God was totally looking out for her!
Post a Comment