Thursday, July 3, 2008

Funny Story


I put a picture of my mom on here so you can see what she looks like; just in case you don't remember or if you've never met her. And also because this funny story is about her.

Okay, so yesterday I went to Dinner with my mom at Kenny's restaurant in Kalihi. We had the stupidest waitress...ever. She asks us what we'd like to order, my mom asks her a question about something on the menu and the waitress WALKS AWAY! While my mother is talking! If any of you know my mom...that's not a good thing. I'm trying not to snort water out of my nose as my mom's shocked face turns from me to the waitress and back again.

So the waitress comes back with no explanation and takes our order. We give her our order for food and then we don't see her again until the food's ready. She give us our food and she's gone. No refill of our drinks, no checking on us, nothing. Well, my mom and I continue to talk and eat and I tell her about this blog and everything else going on in my life.

It's now dessert time but our waitress is no where to be found. When we finally wave her down she gives us our check, thanks us and walks away. My mom throws her hands in the air and gives up. I finally call the waitress back over, order our dessert, and we eat it. I had to push my mom out of Kenny's so she wouldn't be able to complain.

My mom rocks! She always makes me laugh and keeps me on my toes. Believe me, the only time you want to see her complain is if you aren't the one she's complaining about and there's 4 feet of bullet proof glass separating you and the person she is complaining about.

5 comments:

Canadian Ainu'u's said...

I personally think it would have been better if you had snorted your drink through your nose. Go mom!...Yo mom!..lol.
Anyway, I also have a bone to pick with you. Pride & Prejudice with Keira???? Are you coconuts? I'm sorry, but Colin Firth's edition not only made my teeth sweat, but it showed me that there is no point in watching the one with Keira. What now homie?

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you didn't leave a tip!

I hate going to places like that... especially Cheese Cake Factory! I think I should write a blog about how much I LOATHE that place.

Nia said...

I can TOTALLY see your mom with her mouth wide open in HORROR as the waitress walked away!You should have let her complain that would've been just as classic! AWWW... I love your mom!!! I wish I could've been there to see that. You're mom is AWESOME!!!

Elizabeth said...

I would never want to be on the bad side of your mama!!!! No way, no how! Anyways...it was funny story. I'm surprised that she didn't say anything.....you really should have let her! I'm sure she got a crappy tip though, right??? LOL
Ok...so I was reading Tia's comment, and I have to agree with her!!! Colin Firth's edition of Pride and Prejudice will ALWAYS be my favorite!!! Sorry.....Keira, Shmira!!!! LOL

Kamaile said...

Hey Kelly. I could just picture the two of you sitting there, and then I pictured what would've happened if your mom let her have it. Wish I could've been there. I so glad you're on here too. The more the merrier. Miss you. Kamaile