Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Anniversary...NOT

So last week marked Rabici and my 4th year anniversary. And how did we spend it? In the hospital! That's right...we celebrated 4 years of marriage courtesy of Castle Medical Center. (GRRRRRR)

Basically I started getting these horrible stomach cramps Tuesday afternoon and they lasted all night. By 3 in the morning I felt like I was dying and knew I had to get to the emergency room. I didn't want to wake up Rabici to take me since he's got no more sick days for a while and he needed his rest to go to work. So i drove myself to the E.R. I know, stupid, but I really didn't want to wake him or have him miss work.

I arrived safely and they wheeled me into the birth center where they gave me test after test to figure out what was wrong. The baby was fine (nothing is ever wrong with her, it always seems to be me) and so they stuck an I.V. in and gave me pain meds. About 8 hours later I woke up with the chills and a fever of 102 degrees. I was vomiting and doing many other bodily things I will NOT mention.

They took me off of food and drink for 2 days and then slowly introduced food afterwards. I only started feeling better yesterday, Sunday, but I'm still not myself yet. All the doctors could tell me was that I had the stomach flu though I think it was something more. My body's kind of out-of-whack and I still feel nauseous and gross.

I know some of you were calling me this weekend and trying to get a hold of me and I am so super sorry! I just couldn't even raise my hand let alone talk to anyone. One thing that did cheer us up was that Aubrey dropped off a package from the young married group in our ward. It was a huge package filled with a DVD player, DVD's, cider, glasses, candles and candy. (They knew we were celebrating our anniversary in the hospital and sent us that treat) It was the nicest, most sincere gift I've ever received and I'm so grateful to have friends like that on the same island with me!! Rabici and I were so grateful.

Now I'm home and slowly getting back to normal. I'm also wondering how many of these episodes I'm going to have before I give birth. Don't get me wrong, words cannot express how grateful I am that nothing is wrong with baby, but at the same time I can't help but think about all the health problems I've had so far! But...now that I think about it more...maybe I only think it's harder because I'm pregnant. If all these health problems happened when I wasn't pregnant, I don't think I'd be complaining as much.

Hmmm. Interesting. I think I may be on to something here.

Anyway, thanks for all those who gave me your prayers and well wishes. I'm getting better. For those who didn't know...sorry, but I don't like telling people until after I'm done suffering! :)

And by the way ladies of Kaneohe 4th ward....NO meals! I mean it!

4 comments:

Tora Family said...

Hi ...don't know if you remember us...we met in the Fiji temple in 2005. My husband, Patrick grew up with Rabici. I was wondering if maybe you had kidney stones? It's common to get them while pregnant. Was the pain in the lower abdomen...maybe stronger on one side than the other? Just something I thought I would mention... hope you feel better!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. Rabici told us about it on Saturday. I totally missed you! It would've been so much fun if you were there!! I hope you were ok despite him being gone for so long! (dumb scanners) When you're feeling better, we need to get together! Take care! Talk to you later!! ;D

Gramps and Queenie said...

JaiCi told me you were having a girl....Congrats .....we are all excited for princess to have a princess...We love you and pray that you are not sick anymore....

Nia said...

Sad day. So sorry. Feel better. Love you