Monday, May 18, 2009

Why?

Why is it that when you're pregnant, you can't take any medication! I mean seriously...this is the one time in life that a woman is in constant pain, constant nausea and susceptible to every disease. BUT...we can't take anything for it!

And don't tell me I can take Tylenol; that junk is only good enough for a paper cut. I want Aleve, I want ibuprofen in 500 milligrams and I want my NyQuil! The good Lord knew that I was a wuss when it came to disease and pain so he let me be born in the 21st century with its technology and inventions so I could survive.

Is this punishment for the whole Eve giving Adam a fruit in the Garden of Eden? Because if it is i feel ripped off. Chances are Adam was whining about something to eat and to shut him up Eve handed him a fruit. She knew it was the wrong fruit but she probably figured: "Hey, not only will he stop complaining, he'll get kicked out and then I can be here in the Garden in peace."

Her plan backfired though so you fast forward thousands of years later and here I sit, whining and complaining about the fact I've been sick for a week straight with nothing to help me other than a Kleenex box and Halls cough drops.

And why am I whining and complaining? Because I needed to document this moment and have my child read it in the future so he or she understands why mommy needs her "special alone time" with a NyQuil bottle and a Robin Thicke CD playing in the background.

4 comments:

Tara said...

I LOVE it!!! I am having my baby in 3 days and I have been the biggest whiner ever!!! It helps me deal, ok! I know you don't know me but I'm KayTee Lutu's sister and if you have her give me your email I'll send you an invite to my blog and you can read my whinings and feel like you're not alone in it! :) Benedryl helps a little bit with the congestion. Some dr.s say you can have sudafed. It does suck to not be able to have any medication! I'm looking forward to the darvaset and ibuprofen I take during recovery so my back will feel better and all my other aches that are killing me that I can't have med for! I would kill to have my back popped right now!!! Hang in there! Just when you think you can't take it anymore and you're afraid you'll be like this forever you'll have your little baby. I really needed to read your post today! It helps to know I'm not the only one that feels that way!!! I laughed through the whole thing!

Elizabeth said...

Too funny, but it will be totally worth it in the end!!! Just sucks till then. Being pregnant is just miserable!!! And just wait, you haven't even hit the fun part yet! LOL

Unknown said...

you crack me up! Hope you feel better! I wish I had words of wisdom about easing your pain but alas, i have none. Good luck!

Melanie said...

I hate to tell you this, but you shouldn't have cough drops with menthol either. Halls makes a line called "Breezers." They are fruity flavor and work pretty good.