Monday, April 13, 2009

I'm pregnant!

Okay, so now I'm ready to tell people...I'm pregnant! I'm about 13 weeks pregnant to be exact. In case you're wondering why I waited this long to tell, it's because I had a miscarriage 2 years ago when I was 9 weeks. There was no way I wanted to go through that pain again, so we waited.

Now that I'm in the 2nd trimester, no longer feel like I'm going to throw up my insides and don't have to pee every other hour...I am happy. I'm not going to lie, this child was a demon at first. Some might think that's harsh for me to say, but it's true. I have the hospital visits, medication, and tears to prove it. Hopefully it'll be a better newborn than it was a fetus but we all know how well that worked out for Elizabeth! :)

We'll get to see what it is at the end of May. Rabici and I are hoping for a boy, but my mom is hoping for a girl. I'll be okay with a girl, I just really want a boy. I've always wanted a boy first (like he'll protect his little sister later on or something).

So that's our great news to tell! I will be keeping everyone updated on my progress. Thanks to those who've already wished me well and I'm glad to be joining the ranks of mother's...it's going to be interesting.

8 comments:

RazakFamily said...

YEAH!!! I can't wait...now my kids will have someone to marry :)

Elizabeth said...

Whoo Hoo!!!!! I am so so so so so so so so so so so excited for you!!!!! You know.....being sick sucks, but there is something a bit comforting about it too. Like things are going okay down there b/c you are puking your guts up! LOL
I can't wait to find out what you are having! If you do have a girl, we can set her up with 'Aisea or Matai. She would have two to chose from! LOLOLOLOL
Congratulations!

Unknown said...

YAY!! I'm so excited for you!! So awesome! Glad you're feeling somewhat better now!

RazakFamily said...

Princess......I'm so thrilled for you....Nelli was just telling me today that she gets to see you every now and then....So EXCITED...SO EXCITED!!!!
Love you - Jodi Cochran

Melanie said...

Congratulations! Being pregnant is fun!

Canadian Ainu'u's said...

Congratulations!!! I just realized that your kids are going to be taller than mine. Um....can your kid just protect mine and be friends? lol.
I am like you too. I always wanted my first to be a boy...and then I just wanted boys. But now I'll have a little girl at the end of July. I'll just send her over to her relatives in Samoa when she's a teenager I guess. ;)

Brittany said...

superSuperSUPER congratulations!! it's a huge thing, and as for your other post- no, you won't ever feel ready- but it's all good. you'll love it.

Luka said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy for you...as for all your doubts about not being ready, they disappear the minute you hold that little precious baby in your arms. You'll be a great mom and I can't wait for all the playdates we're gonna have!!!!!