So I'm 9 days into my resolutions and I wanted to do a review just because I realized that my goals are more temporal than spiritual. The "temper resolution" is spiritual to a certain extent. And I must admit...I am a happier person. I didn't realize how quick my temper flares up for little things like being behind a schedule I had set for myself or someone driving at 10 miles per hour. don't get me wrong, I still get upset, but I recognize it and stop myself from saying, doing or thinking anything else that would continue the anger. Because I do that...I'm happier.
Rabici and I sat down yesterday and discussed so many things about this year. We are always so busy that it's a miracle for us to be together. During the winter break from my masters and from students we've caught up on a lot of "we" time. And during that "we" time we've settled on some spiritual goals as well. Mostly they have do with an increase in scripture study, individual prayers and so on. Which made me think about how as latter-day saint's and a children of God we know better, but sometimes we don't act better. And by we, I mean me in this instance. I'm speaking about myself for this post since I'm reviewing my own goals and resolutions.
I mainly want to express my gratitude for everyone in my life who has made me want to be a better person. For my friends out there who keep me smiling and laughing, you are the only reason I haven't died of a heart attack; you keep me young and as healthy as I cn be eating the way I do! For those I'm not too friendly with, you allow me to work on what I lack in patience, forgiveness, and just getting over myself.
I think is this is one of the most thoughtful, non-angry, posts I've ever had. Maybe it's because I'm doing what I'm supposed to and what my Primary, Young Women, Seminary and BYU-H professors have been teaching me to do for forever! Wow, took me long enough. :)
Friday, January 9, 2009
Just some added thoughts
Posted by Kelly at 11:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Gee, you make me seem like such a BAD person!! ;)
I am same as you, I have a bad temper and it comes out at the strangest times - driving behind slow people, people not giving me what I want, people not listening to myself. I am doing baby steps...first I'm going to try to keep my temper with my kid-lets and hubby!!
I am glad that you and Rabici had some "you" time...you need it. Also, I hear that you had some "Nelli" time - and I'm totally way jealous of you to be with her and her to be with you!
Miss you so much...I am trying to hard to convince Ifraz that we should come over for a big, long visit!!!
Love ya' - congrats on doing so well on your resolutions so far...only, what, 355 days to go :)
Because Aho and I were gone for New Year's, we haven't done our resolutions yet. I am glad I read your blog, because I am going to piggy-back off your temper goal. I need to keep mine under control, especially in the car. Thanks for the idea!
Oh, and Aho said you guys were interested in moving to Utah. You should. That would be one more BYUH couple to get together with and talk about the good ole times!
YOU GO GIRL!!! You're my hero!
I never thought your temper was bad!!!!! Mine on the other hand.......maybe I need to set some more 2009 goals!!! :)
Post a Comment