Students have been back in school for three days now and every day I have had an experience with them that has either made me question or remind myself of why I got into secondary education in the first place. So here is my top ten list of "The Joys of Teaching ".
#10. You're off on all Holidays, no matter what...and you appreciate every one
#9. The student goes home at 2:30 pm
#8. The phrase "Don't make me call your dad." can cause a 200lb Polynesian boy to cower
#7. You get gifts from suck-up students
#6. The smile that comes on a face when they finally understand what you've been teaching
#5. You can watch movies in class and claim "it's part of research"
#4. A 15 year old can give you an insight that a 50 year old is still trying to figure out
#3. Recess
#2. Lunch
And the Number 1 Joy of Teaching is...
Graduation Day! That's when you realize it was all worth it.
If you can think of anything to add to this list let me know! I know there are teachers out there who have their own top ten!
Friday, August 1, 2008
The Joys of Teaching
Posted by Kelly at 8:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
So are a full blown teacher now? What are you teaching? I'm still stuck in special ed and I'm still trying to figure out my top ten. Students with special services sometimes drain the life out of me! Some days I'd rather not see them but on other days, they crack me up!!
Kelly! It's Melanie. How are you? I saw your blog from Elizabeth and just wanted to say hi.
Post a Comment