So I was at the UH Bookstore the other day getting my books...obviously. I was standing in line and lost all hope for the youth of tomorrow. Normally I don't think of myself as so old, but since my IQ happens to be higher than the people standing in this line, it must be age.
Anyway, the following is the conversation going on in front of me; names have been changed because I didn't know them and my labels are better:
Idiot 1: Oh my gosh, I have to get my ID!
Idiot 2: I know, me too!
Idiot 1: They better not make my ID, like, so hideous.
Idiot 2: I know, me too!
Idiot 1: I hope the football team is cuter than last year.
Idiot 2: I know, me too!
Idiot 1: I wonder if the football team has to get ID's too?
Idiot 2: Me too!
Tired of hearing the idiots in front of me, I lean back, hoping to forget their mind-numbing conversation. Instead I get this; at first I feel bad because this is how the conversation starts:
Girl 1: I don't know if i can afford all this!
Girl 2: They've really raised the prices!
Girl 1: I know, my scholarship won't pay for all this.
Girl 2: You'll think of something.
So, i just got my scholarship money and I'm thinking, "If she doesn't have enough, i could help her out with some." Now those of you who know me, that generosity for a COMPLETE STRANGER is rare! Rare! But then my giving mood is halted: (Note how the girls are now Morons)
Moron 1: I know, i guess I could always ask my dad.
Moron 2: that's perfect! I'll ask my dad too!
Moron 1: But your dad already buys your stuff!
Moron 2: I know, but i want the white one of this.
Moron 1: I know! It's so cute. I think if i get just the hat with the cute boots I'll still be able to buy that bag I saw in Waikiki.
Moron 2: Oh! What a great idea! And if not, we'll just charge it!
Now my hands are in tight fists because I've got two idiots in front of me and two vapid morons behind me. I pay for my books and then get the heck out of there, terrified for the supposed "future of tomorrow". For the love of all that is holy, please save me from the idiots!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Please save me from the idiots
Posted by Kelly at 7:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
wow. I'm at a loss for words at what I just read you heard. That's just plain ridiculousness!!
What are you studying anyway?
Guess who I saw in the office this morning at work? Brother Mitchell! Wow, good times.
Well I would say move here.....But we have idiots too possibly worse. Everyone here will just think you are a Mexican.... And then they will make stupid "racist" comments too you like they do to most people without even knowing. There is a black guy I work with who went to BYU, I asked him how that was. He said that one girl in the middle of class raised her hand and said "Why don't all the black people just move out of the ghetto and then they won't be poor." (I laughed at this because I remember you telling me about the time that someone wanted to take a picture of you because you were Hawaiian and they thought you were exotic.) hehehehe. Then I said "You should of raised your hand and said, Why don't all the stupid Nieve (I know I spelt this wrong, I had to ask one of my residents how to spell exotic…. (You have a stupid friend you realize this right?)) Mormon girls move away to get educated." He thought that was funny.
That is all---TTFN-KT
PS... I broke down and read Midnight sun and have decided that if she doesn't end up finishing it I am going to write death threats to her. Edwards point of view mibht be better than Bellas.... He is funny.
Kelly, welcome to my world.
I hate idiots. They are the bane of my existence. They're everywhere and breed like rabbits.
I have a firm belief that idiots are really from another country called Stupidia.
Yep.
I think, you have more patience. You kept quiet.
Me... I would have grabbed my phone, dialed in a friend's number and talked in a loud voice about the annoyance of stupid people. Then if they stared at me I would have said the ever popular, "What? Owe you money? No, then look someplace else."
Yep.
Ask Nia, It would have been her I would have called or texted... and let me tell you if it were a text I would have read each word I typed out loud so they could here. HA HA HA!
kelly! i hope i get to see you when i'm home for the holidays. i need a good laugh. you make me smile!!!! see, here i am smiling - :D. lol. i swear every time i read your posts, it reminds me that you are one of the coolest people on the planet. keep posting! smiles and laughter are good for my health.
Post a Comment